Vaulted Cellar of the Family Weiß
Schlossberg 16, Tel. 03946/705421
The monument Schlossberg 16 was originally build as a storage house, constructed around 1740 on the castle square directly over an already existing vaulted cellar, presumably with an origin in the 14th century. The abbess ruling at that time commissioned the construction of this exceptionally deep cellar that was connected to the castle through an underground tunnel. The cellar insured that wine for the collegiate convent be stored without danger of damages by frost.
The building was renovated in the years 1999 - 2000. Since this time, rooms in the cellar have been redesigned into a private gallery space with exhibitions that are devoted exclusively to Quedlinburg themes.
There is no cost of entry.
Summer half year: 10:00 - 18:00
Winter half year: 10:00 - 17:00